American Asperger's Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Asperger's Association Support Group

Latest topics
» Chambers of Hope (COH) and American Aspergers Association (AAA)
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:29 pm by csweepigirl

» Introductions
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:39 am by earthenvessel

» June 4th 2011
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 6:22 am by csweepigirl

» Free Home Speech Practice Home offer
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 2:21 pm by csweepigirl

» Support group meeting and hbot volunteers
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:35 am by Dr. Ron

» Favor....Locals..read..please...
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:46 am by bondgary009

» Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD) is hosting the first of its best practices webinars
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 4:51 am by csweepigirl

» We need to start this website back up again!
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:33 am by man of a million names

» Group Home Manager is Yelling I Need Help
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:10 am by csweepigirl

» Facebook
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:27 am by KelleyNNelson

» Support Group Meetings 2011 *EDITED*
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:57 am by KelleyNNelson

» community happenings!
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:01 am by asg_tlm@hotmail.com

» Asperger's (how it is diagnosed and treated)
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:27 pm by csweepigirl

» What do you do when people look at you by the pills you take vs. the person you are?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:01 pm by csweepigirl

» Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too!
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:59 am by KelleyNNelson

» Adam
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:19 am by man of a million names

» Looking for friends
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:51 pm by channing28105

» Maas-Rowe Carillon Questions
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:51 pm by channing28105

» Video Emails from Dr. Ron
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:40 am by Dr. Ron

» Ah, it's good to be back.
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 5:03 am by man of a million names

» 1st Annual Aspergers Volleyball Tournament
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 am by Dr. Ron

» free event: Therapeutic Recreation Adapted Sailing and Kayak Clinic
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:20 am by csweepigirl

» Help! I Seem to be Getting More Autistic!" ARTICLE
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:22 am by csweepigirl

» Was this teacher out of line?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:31 pm by lovethefish

» OMG THE PLACE IS REMODELED!!!!
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:38 am by KelleyNNelson

» Got Plates?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:19 am by KelleyNNelson

» Local IEP Advocate!! THANKS VAL!!!
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:16 pm by csweepigirl

» Pinellas ESE advisory board meetings
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:31 am by lovethefish

» Dentists who use sedation.. thanks Dr. Ron
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:28 am by lovethefish

» Hey GAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:25 am by csweepigirl

» Autism in the news: WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A hormone thought to encourage bonding between mothers and their babies may foster social behavior in some adults with autism, French researchers said on Monday.
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:01 am by csweepigirl

» **********echo*******************
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:16 pm by KelleyNNelson

» Any ideas on how to make a gluten regression easier for both child and family?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:47 am by csweepigirl

» Hi! Long time no see.
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:04 am by KelleyNNelson

» Hellooooo? Need some freakin' help here.
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:50 am by man of a million names

» Cats or dogs? Summer or winter?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:47 am by man of a million names

» Mozark and the whale *aspergers movie* on showtime on demand.. SUCKED by the way
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:42 am by man of a million names

» Adult Aspergers Syndrome
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:07 pm by KelleyNNelson

» Asperger’s Syndrome: A Developmental Puzzle by Michael McCroskery
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:22 pm by csweepigirl

» Really Cool Super Awesome Thing! Kim And Kelly You Have To Read This!
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:24 am by man of a million names

» 2 Articles of Interest Re: Aspergers
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 6:15 am by csweepigirl

» Accidently stubled across some info about meletonin oops!
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:41 pm by csweepigirl

» Lack of Services for ASD
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:04 pm by Dr. Ron

» New and having a hard time
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:40 am by lovethefish

» Sorry I haven't been around as much (update)
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:53 pm by KelleyNNelson

» Having a hard time again
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 8:35 am by man of a million names

» Important paradox/riddle! Anyone care to help with it?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:46 pm by KelleyNNelson

» Follow through or not.
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:01 am by csweepigirl

» New Pediatrics Autism Study Putting Prevalence at 1 in 91
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:45 am by csweepigirl

» Different Directions
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:41 am by csweepigirl

» AS is a very difficult diagnosis to make.
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:47 pm by csweepigirl

» How is everyone?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:48 pm by Jerry Graham

» CD to benefit the AAA ~!!!!! Check this out!!
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:14 am by bassfiddlesteve

» I met Joe Diffie's son!
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:01 am by csweepigirl

» Anyone feel like helping me smack the crap out of my former boss?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:56 am by csweepigirl

» Lazy or Aspergers?? or both?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:20 am by man of a million names

» The right thing?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:27 am by man of a million names

» Mark Fowler and his wonderful work.
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:51 am by man of a million names

» A.A.A. RESEARCH STUDY. Do you see any differences between females with Aspergers vs. males with Aspergers
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:49 pm by csweepigirl

» What happened?? because I don't know, do you?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:24 am by man of a million names

» Haha, Funny URL.
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:15 am by man of a million names

» Dude! Kim, I forgot to tell you... and maybe anyone else at the last meeting...
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:59 am by man of a million names

» My son is making strange noises!
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:41 pm by KelleyNNelson

» Terrible sound on video
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:30 am by man of a million names

» Aspian or Aspergian?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:22 am by man of a million names

» If you, or you know someone who needs a BIG/HUGE carseat..
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:33 am by csweepigirl

» Just a quick hello
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:37 am by man of a million names

» We started the FLDRS process...and here's what we found out so far
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:19 am by man of a million names

» Support Groups
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:31 pm by KelleyNNelson

» (Aspergers) Boy Meets Girl Movie
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:13 am by man of a million names

» I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated!
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:15 am by man of a million names

» Basic White or Yellow Cake
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:33 am by man of a million names

» When did this category get here?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:55 am by man of a million names

» Pork Fried Rice
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:17 pm by man of a million names

» Why Are The Private Messages Still Disabled????
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:48 pm by man of a million names

» Sorry I've been M.I.A.
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:04 am by man of a million names

» 5Km Run For AS!
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:30 pm by man of a million names

» Help for a mother.
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:01 pm by Dr. Ron

» Aspergers and empathy
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:41 am by csweepigirl

» We are the three amigo(a)s!Aanyone care to join?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:42 am by man of a million names

» Vaccinations, Red Book, What?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:21 am by Dr. Ron

» What is the first step?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:14 am by Dr. Ron

» Children who can’t cuddle
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:27 pm by csweepigirl

» Challenging popular myths about autism
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:59 pm by Dr. Ron

» I NEED your HELP!!
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:41 am by melissa

» Ok..what do I do? any suggestions..
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 3:53 am by melissa

» Back home!
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:10 pm by KelleyNNelson

» Any spanish speakers willing to help an aspie in spain?
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:34 pm by csweepigirl

» Gluten Free Simple Bread
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:49 am by csweepigirl

» More research (genetics)
I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:43 am by csweepigirl

You are not connected. Please login or register

I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

csweepigirl

csweepigirl
Admin

Last Saturday, we drove my Grandmother to see her brother whom lives in GA. They met us in Perry, FL and all was well.

Earlier this morning, my grandmother called and stated that her brother said "something mean" to her.. and she wanted to come home.

Tonight she called again. This time she told me to go ahead and talk to Chris about coming to get her.

She was "supposed" to stay in GA with her brother until the end of July.

I was really, really looking forward to the break. This week has been wonderful, and DRAMA FREE!!

Now, of course I'm in a state of consistant anxiety, my heart is beating way too fast. Last I checked it was 112.

I'm so disappointed, I feel like I NEEDED this "vacation" away from the grandmother that lives next door who is contantly having me trapped into her emotionally blackmailing circle of DRAMA. I fear her.

I'm so sad, scared, and just bummed.. damn it.

I guess we'll get her this weekend.

csweepigirl

csweepigirl
Admin

update, Chris and my mother are going to get her in the morning. I have been "out of it" all day. She wasn't supposed to come home until next weekend. I hate it when this crap happens. Went to see Dr. Napier today to adjust my back, he said my ribs were "locked" I don't understand how..but that is the reason for the pain and pressure he said. He also thinks my headaches are caused from my neck, so I'll be seeing him every week for a while. Kindof cool seeing him, since he was the one who delivered me, and he was my childhood doctor.

man of a million names

well, being that this was posted a while ago, i hope all is well now. i'm wondering if kelly went on that trip to cedar point yet... if she hasn't, you should rob a bank and get money to go with her, AND you could drop by my house on the way there! yay! now there's a vacation we could all use, except for the bank robbing, of course. lol

why did you need your back adjusted? it was fine in the first place, wasn't it? whatever happened? oh, yeah, and i had a doctors appointment today- a dentists appointment actually. first one in about ten years. and they're very nice doctors. and my teeth are healthy as a whistle, or michael phelps, your pick Smile

csweepigirl

csweepigirl
Admin

man of a million names wrote:well, being that this was posted a while ago, i hope all is well now. i'm wondering if kelly went on that trip to cedar point yet... if she hasn't, you should rob a bank and get money to go with her, AND you could drop by my house on the way there! yay! now there's a vacation we could all use, except for the bank robbing, of course. lol

why did you need your back adjusted? it was fine in the first place, wasn't it? whatever happened? oh, yeah, and i had a doctors appointment today- a dentists appointment actually. first one in about ten years. and they're very nice doctors. and my teeth are healthy as a whistle, or michael phelps, your pick Smile

Things are O.K. ish.. with stress and Grandmother drama.. I go 1x/week to get my back adjusted, he says it's getting better. What happens I guess is that if you stress out too bad, your muscles of course tense up, and they can actually push your ribs out of place. I'm sure there is a technical name for it, but I don't know what. He's a good doc, the same doc who delivered me infact Very Happy Kelley left Saturday for IN Sad If I would have had the money, I would have loved to just get away for a little bit lol.. one day we will. Glad your dentist appt went good What a Face I didn't know you were in Indiana.. or if I did, I forgot. I have family in IN also. Some in Martinsville, some in Bloomington, Linton, and some little no named town..ahh, I can't think of the name of it * it's by a white castle, does that help hehe *

man of a million names

um, i live in ohio. there's a cedar point in cleveland. i thought that's where she was going. huh. but i live in that little protrusion down at the southeast side of ohio called meigs county.

but that sucks that you're grandma's killing you with stress. the ciggarettes might not get you after all. speaking of which, do i still have to lead the longest police chase in history from here to your house just to get you to stop smoking?

Dr. Ron

Dr. Ron
Admin

Frustration is one of the biggest complaints I hear in the office and with thoes with AS; it certainly comes from both internal and external sources. Yes, the internal ones are self induced however if we had more external resouces to assist our children, experts who really know how to do cognative progressive therapy, therapists who really knew the underlying causes and effects as opposed to learning a technique and then applying it to each client. As I move along the Aspie Trail I see wonderful therapists applying specific techniques however most do not understand the specific difficulty of that individual client. Personally I have not seen many of the biomedical interventions make major improvements and it's time we re-evaluate the effectiveness of these treatments, find what really works and apply more effort into thoes components. Just a thought (JAT). What's yours? Dr. Ron

Dr. Ron

Dr. Ron
Admin

At tonight's Support Group meeting Jackie asked for some help; she has a 20 year old son, now in college, who has apparently changed his attitude toward her. She is requesting a consultation with someone that can help her; perhaps to get her son back on track or perhaps to help her deal with the negative position her son has taken. Are there any suggestions; she lives in the Tampa Bay area. She brings up a good question so please give us some suggestions. Thanks, Dr. Ron

csweepigirl

csweepigirl
Admin

I think you need to be his doc. JMO.. Kim

man of a million names

uhh, i don't understand
1) what Dr. Ron said has to do with what i said
and
2) why Dr. Ron should be my doctor.

anyone care to explain what's going on?

csweepigirl

csweepigirl
Admin

Not your doc silly..the guy who's mom was at the support group =D

man of a million names

oh. so the conversation has taken a completely different route.. hahahahaha. i thought you were talking about me though hahaha. i was thinkin "i already have a doctor, and she lives up near me. why would i need someone from florida to be my doctor? and moving is out of the question, so... wtf's going on?" hahahahahahahaha!

KelleyNNelson

KelleyNNelson
Admin

I thought you were moving down to fl to kick kim's smoking habit? You could also pick up Dr. Ron as a new doc while you're down here... lol. Wink

man of a million names

Yeah, but after I kicked it with one of those super fast, awesome jumping karate kicks, I'd be arrested. Haha. I don't think I'd have the time to jump in to Ron's office for even a 15-min. session lol

KelleyNNelson

KelleyNNelson
Admin

Aso... (a little Kill Bill reference for you) but, being a 3rd dan brown belt in karate and wife to a 3rd degree black belt, I know that there really aren't any super fast awesome jumping karate kicks. We tend to keep it pretty low key and smooth, and all in self defense. You're thinking of Tae Kwon Do. They're more flashy with the high flying super fast kicks and all, they're not practical.... they just like to try and look cool while they get their asses kicked by us karate folk. Razz Just a little martial arts edumacation for ya.

And, you could always stop by Ron's first!! Very Happy

man of a million names

i already knew that hahahahahahahaha! i'm a 1st degree purple belt in shotokan karate myself. i was just being emphatically silly Razz but yeah, those koreans always get their asses kicked by the japanese and americans. that's what we do! lol

but, with like, the entire east coast police behind me, it'd even be a miracle to get to kims, considering i'd be driving around largo for hours upon hours. hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha Razz

KelleyNNelson

KelleyNNelson
Admin

hehehehhehehe.... pssst.... I know where she lives!

csweepigirl

csweepigirl
Admin

I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated! 429594 you guys are cracking me up

man of a million names

Where's she live? I have half a mind to steal some old, defenseless grandparent's yucky old defenseless 1922 Oldsmobile right now and come down there! You better throw your ciggs away right now Kim!

There's so many better things to smoke... like a bong, for example. Razz hahahahahahahaha just kidding, both of them suck ass. SAY NO TO DRUGS!

Jerry Graham

Hello Kim, I hope things are getting better for you. You seem real genuine in your work.

man of a million names

Oh, she IS! Especialy when she's SMOKING!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum