American Asperger's Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Asperger's Association Support Group

Latest topics
» Chambers of Hope (COH) and American Aspergers Association (AAA)
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:29 pm by csweepigirl

» Introductions
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:39 am by earthenvessel

» June 4th 2011
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 6:22 am by csweepigirl

» Free Home Speech Practice Home offer
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 2:21 pm by csweepigirl

» Support group meeting and hbot volunteers
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:35 am by Dr. Ron

» Favor....Locals..read..please...
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:46 am by bondgary009

» Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD) is hosting the first of its best practices webinars
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 4:51 am by csweepigirl

» We need to start this website back up again!
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:33 am by man of a million names

» Group Home Manager is Yelling I Need Help
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:10 am by csweepigirl

» Facebook
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:27 am by KelleyNNelson

» Support Group Meetings 2011 *EDITED*
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:57 am by KelleyNNelson

» community happenings!
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:01 am by asg_tlm@hotmail.com

» Asperger's (how it is diagnosed and treated)
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:27 pm by csweepigirl

» What do you do when people look at you by the pills you take vs. the person you are?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:01 pm by csweepigirl

» Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too!
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:59 am by KelleyNNelson

» Adam
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:19 am by man of a million names

» Looking for friends
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:51 pm by channing28105

» Maas-Rowe Carillon Questions
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:51 pm by channing28105

» Video Emails from Dr. Ron
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:40 am by Dr. Ron

» Ah, it's good to be back.
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 5:03 am by man of a million names

» 1st Annual Aspergers Volleyball Tournament
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 am by Dr. Ron

» free event: Therapeutic Recreation Adapted Sailing and Kayak Clinic
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:20 am by csweepigirl

» Help! I Seem to be Getting More Autistic!" ARTICLE
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:22 am by csweepigirl

» Was this teacher out of line?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:31 pm by lovethefish

» OMG THE PLACE IS REMODELED!!!!
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:38 am by KelleyNNelson

» Got Plates?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:19 am by KelleyNNelson

» Local IEP Advocate!! THANKS VAL!!!
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:16 pm by csweepigirl

» Pinellas ESE advisory board meetings
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:31 am by lovethefish

» Dentists who use sedation.. thanks Dr. Ron
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:28 am by lovethefish

» Hey GAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:25 am by csweepigirl

» Autism in the news: WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A hormone thought to encourage bonding between mothers and their babies may foster social behavior in some adults with autism, French researchers said on Monday.
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:01 am by csweepigirl

» **********echo*******************
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:16 pm by KelleyNNelson

» Any ideas on how to make a gluten regression easier for both child and family?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:47 am by csweepigirl

» Hi! Long time no see.
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:04 am by KelleyNNelson

» Hellooooo? Need some freakin' help here.
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:50 am by man of a million names

» Cats or dogs? Summer or winter?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:47 am by man of a million names

» Mozark and the whale *aspergers movie* on showtime on demand.. SUCKED by the way
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:42 am by man of a million names

» Adult Aspergers Syndrome
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:07 pm by KelleyNNelson

» Asperger’s Syndrome: A Developmental Puzzle by Michael McCroskery
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:22 pm by csweepigirl

» Really Cool Super Awesome Thing! Kim And Kelly You Have To Read This!
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:24 am by man of a million names

» 2 Articles of Interest Re: Aspergers
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 6:15 am by csweepigirl

» Accidently stubled across some info about meletonin oops!
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:41 pm by csweepigirl

» Lack of Services for ASD
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:04 pm by Dr. Ron

» New and having a hard time
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:40 am by lovethefish

» Sorry I haven't been around as much (update)
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:53 pm by KelleyNNelson

» Having a hard time again
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 8:35 am by man of a million names

» Important paradox/riddle! Anyone care to help with it?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:46 pm by KelleyNNelson

» Follow through or not.
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:01 am by csweepigirl

» New Pediatrics Autism Study Putting Prevalence at 1 in 91
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:45 am by csweepigirl

» Different Directions
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:41 am by csweepigirl

» AS is a very difficult diagnosis to make.
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:47 pm by csweepigirl

» How is everyone?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:48 pm by Jerry Graham

» CD to benefit the AAA ~!!!!! Check this out!!
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:14 am by bassfiddlesteve

» I met Joe Diffie's son!
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:01 am by csweepigirl

» Anyone feel like helping me smack the crap out of my former boss?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:56 am by csweepigirl

» Lazy or Aspergers?? or both?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:20 am by man of a million names

» The right thing?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:27 am by man of a million names

» Mark Fowler and his wonderful work.
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:51 am by man of a million names

» A.A.A. RESEARCH STUDY. Do you see any differences between females with Aspergers vs. males with Aspergers
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:49 pm by csweepigirl

» What happened?? because I don't know, do you?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:24 am by man of a million names

» Haha, Funny URL.
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:15 am by man of a million names

» Dude! Kim, I forgot to tell you... and maybe anyone else at the last meeting...
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:59 am by man of a million names

» My son is making strange noises!
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:41 pm by KelleyNNelson

» Terrible sound on video
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:30 am by man of a million names

» Aspian or Aspergian?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:22 am by man of a million names

» If you, or you know someone who needs a BIG/HUGE carseat..
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:33 am by csweepigirl

» Just a quick hello
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:37 am by man of a million names

» We started the FLDRS process...and here's what we found out so far
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:19 am by man of a million names

» Support Groups
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:31 pm by KelleyNNelson

» (Aspergers) Boy Meets Girl Movie
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:13 am by man of a million names

» I give up, with trying to ever just relax, really.. I'm so flustrated!
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:15 am by man of a million names

» Basic White or Yellow Cake
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:33 am by man of a million names

» When did this category get here?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:55 am by man of a million names

» Pork Fried Rice
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:17 pm by man of a million names

» Why Are The Private Messages Still Disabled????
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:48 pm by man of a million names

» Sorry I've been M.I.A.
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:04 am by man of a million names

» 5Km Run For AS!
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:30 pm by man of a million names

» Help for a mother.
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:01 pm by Dr. Ron

» Aspergers and empathy
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:41 am by csweepigirl

» We are the three amigo(a)s!Aanyone care to join?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:42 am by man of a million names

» Vaccinations, Red Book, What?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:21 am by Dr. Ron

» What is the first step?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:14 am by Dr. Ron

» Children who can’t cuddle
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:27 pm by csweepigirl

» Challenging popular myths about autism
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:59 pm by Dr. Ron

» I NEED your HELP!!
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:41 am by melissa

» Ok..what do I do? any suggestions..
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 3:53 am by melissa

» Back home!
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:10 pm by KelleyNNelson

» Any spanish speakers willing to help an aspie in spain?
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:34 pm by csweepigirl

» Gluten Free Simple Bread
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:49 am by csweepigirl

» More research (genetics)
Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:43 am by csweepigirl

You are not connected. Please login or register

Items under your nose that are gluten free, and cheap too!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KelleyNNelson

KelleyNNelson
Admin

This isn't really a recipe, per-se, but I want you guys to be aware of how many things are available now in regular grocery stores, namely Publix and Wal-Mart stores (they label their items Gluten Free). Some are for the regular prices of regular items, some are not... But, for instance, here's what's available:

-Most of the Chex line is now gluten free
-Trix is gluten free
-Kix is gluten free
-I forget the name of the manufacturer, but they make a whole line of cereals, about 6 or 7... all gluten free and animal related and all very tasty. Just a little more expensive now that regular name brands are coming out with gluten free versions of their own.
-Certain varieties of Van's waffles (blueberry, apple cinnamon, Belgian)are gluten free (watch the boxes, sometimes they misplace them - They had kid friendly mini- waffles and I had given them to my son for 2 weeks before I realized the box didn't say anything about being gluten free. Oops.)
-Amy's makes a gluten free mac & cheese (although it didn't pass the taste test with my son)
-Amy's also makes gluten free lasagna, which I particularly like
-Obviously any fruit and 100% fruit juice along with milk is gluten free
-M&M's (every kind I've come across- check the label) are gluten free
-Skittles are gluten free.
-Reese's Pieces are gluten free (not Reese's Peanut butter cups though)
-Betty Crocker now has a line of cakes, cookies and brownies to bake from a box that are all gluten free. I've tried the brownies and the cake, and both of them are wonderful. Most regular frosting's are gluten free, it's when you get into specialty frosting's that you need to start checking labels.
-Non nitrate filled hot dogs. This is a specialty item, but I've started seeing them in publix. The brand escapes me... It got too expensive for me to buy and is a once and a while thing only now. My son will eat no other hot dog now.
-Oscar Myer brand pre-cooked bacon
-certain frozen pre-cooked sausages... again, check your labels
-Fresh ground beef/turkey, you add your own things to it to make it a gluten free burger or whatever.

Breads are usually more difficult. I tried just about every shelf, frozen and make-able brand I could find and he turned his nose up at each one, until we found magically on the shelf of our favorite natural food store "Light Brown Rice bread," made by Ener-G. He loves it. Of course, it's expensive, but we have to special order it by the case, I've never seen it anywhere else and nothing else worked. Basically, it's $25/case (inc. tax) and each case has 6 loaves, making them about just over $4 a (small) loaf, which isn't half bad for gluten free bread.

Along those lines, Jif peanut butter is gluten free
Most jellies/jams are as well. If I remember anything else

Just FYI... We are simply Gluten free, not GFCF, so none of these have been checked for casein.

Some of my favorite stores to shop in:

-Publix (not so much in variety depending on the location, but usually they have what we need to carry out the week)

-Richard's Whole Foods Stores. They have several locations, look them up on the webs. But I think in this county, it's just St. Pete and Clearwater. I shop at the St. Pete store because it is closer to me, however from what I understand much smaller than the Clearwater store. They have several selections for nearly any diet.

-Rollin' Oats. Again, I believe they have multiple locations, look them up on the web. They have quite the selection for gluten free, and I was tempted to buy the entire store, but then, as I've listed above you can improvise with a lot of regular store brand stuff.

Hope this helps some of you!!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum